Wednesday, January 7, 2009

check up

Jack's 6 month check up got lost in the busy-ness of Christmas, and so I took him in today. He is 7 months old today and weighs 18 lb 10 oz. Time sure is flying. He is so different than Ana was at this age, and that makes things fun! Some things about Jack:

*He has his two bottom front teeth. (Ana didn't get any teeth until after her first birthday, so imagine my surprise when I stuck my finger in Jack's mouth and he bit down - and it hurt!)
*He follows me around when I am vacuuming.
*He smiles very easily.
*Loves to be picked up. He often crawls over to me and rubs his head on my leg like a kitty. If I walk away from that, he gets so sad.
*Is learning to get himself settled down to sleep.
*Doesn't sleep through the night anymore. :(
*Likes cereal, bananas, carrots, and applesauce.
*Pulls himself up to standing on the couch, stepstool and entertainment center.
*Can't quite get himself back down from standing, or crawl backwards, or roll from his back to his tummy. I spend a lot of time getting him un-stuck.

We love our little "Jack-y boy."

3 comments:

Shaela said...

what a fun little boy you have! and getting so big. :)

Karianne said...

Seth just pointed to Jack and asked, "Dog?" No, Seth, that's the OTHER Jack. That's his new word. Everything is "DOG?"

Heather said...

Odd isn't it, but Mike and I both agree that colton sort of looks like Jack. Go figure.