This transition has been hard on Jack, I think. He's been grumpy and contrary this week. But the other night the kids put on a couple of Aprons like capes and ran around the house saying, "Super Why to the rescue!"
(they had just got out of the bathtub and hadn't got their jammies on yet)
Its weird to think that Jack is the exact age Ana was when we moved here, into this house, 2 years ago. I usually don't remember this because Ana and Jack are like night-and-day, but today when I told Jack he could have a bath and he went to the cupboard and got all of Grandma's boats, I remembered that Ana used to do that too.
Ana says funny things. She's been into big words lately, like:
"Oh look, mom, that doll is adorable."
"Mom, stop being so enormous." (??)
"Uh, this is so disgusting!" (usually she says this when she is frustrated about something??)
She's also been talking about how she wants to marry her friend Carson. Last night she was "on the phone" with him.
"Carson, we're going to get married. (pause as she listens to his response). Uggh, Mom, Carson said no."
She also talked on the phone with Nemo ("Hi, Nemo, I was thinking about how wonderful the world is.") and Jesus ("Jesus, how did you make the world?") Incidentally, Jesus said he just "put all the pieces together."
Oh, and one more. The other night when I told her she had to stay in her bed or she would get a spank she said, She cried in a most teenage worthy dramatic voice, "Mom, you don't love me." I didn't think I'd hear that for another 10 years.
Today I have a list a mile long of stuff to do, so I better get busy.
5 comments:
what sweet, simple memories. Caleb shouted at me a few weeks ago that "I don't want a mommy anymore!!" when he was upset with me. *sigh* I'm getting nervous for the ages and stages that are fast approaching...
I'm pretty sure your kids are totally hilarious.
When Levi was in first grade, he came home from school one day asking, Mom what does the word numerous mean? I told him, then he asked, And what about the word spontaneous? I explained that one to him and asked, "Why do you want to know about those two words?". His response? "Well, this kid made me mad today so I called him the first really big words I could think of and I just wondered what they meant."
How funny. Trying to hurl an insult, Levi had angrily called some other kid numerous and spontaneous. Ya gotta love it when they start using big words.
Erin, I didn't have your e-mail, so I will post this here. I really appreciated your comments on my blog, I especially appreciated how you took the time to exlain your opinions. I really was curious how people felt about this, but hoped I didn't scare them off by posting my opinion. I hope thing will work out with this, so that we all are happy. (If you get a chance would you send me your e-mail my address is heidi@heidiplumb.com). Thanks Erni!
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who threats spankings!!
Post a Comment