Friday, March 12, 2010

weird week

Last Sunday Dave's parents left on their mission to West Virginia.

On Monday we took Ana to the dentist. Her teeth are rotting, basically. *two thumbs down*

On Monday we also learned about Dave's placement on the alternate list at our #1 school of choice - University of Washington. Basically that means "you get to wait even longer."

We've spent the entire week slowly moving over to the in-laws house. Our old house is a mess trying to separate what we want to put in a box until July and what we want to be able to use for the next 4 months.

Yesterday I cracked. I yelled, I swore, I cried.

This morning I woke up with an eye infection. Ana had one last weekend and Jack started to get one in the week, but we staved if off with Ana's left over eye drops. At 6:00 this morning I woke up and couldn't even open my eyes. Nice.

So this morning I cried some more. Then I got into a sock fight with the kids. (A fight in which we throw socks at each other.) It was very therapeutic.

Maybe I've just gone crazy.

On a positive note: having a dishwasher makes my heart happy.

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Yay for a dishwasher! :) If it makes you feel any better, Grant has 4 cavities and he's not even 3 yet. Sorry that you had eye infections, no fun! Thanks for your comments on my blog! Hope this weekend is a good one for you.

Shaela said...

oh man, what a week! I've had those days/weeks before. If you ever feel like you're going to crack again and need to vent to someone other than those living in your household, give me a call. :)

Good luck sorting and moving and hope your eyes clear up!!

Lisa said...

Poor Erin! Sending happy thoughts your way!

Terina said...

That happens to the best of us!! Hurray for a dish washer! And heres to next week, which is bound to be better!!!

Alisha Wilkins said...

Sorry your week didn't go so well. Hope this coming week is better....maybe we just need to run some more and get out lots of frustration with some wonderful 'chatting'?!?!? :)
You have my number if you need anything!
P.S. Dishwashers are heaven sent :)

A said...

I promise I'm not laughing at you!! But you are so cute. The nonchalant report on Ana's teeth. Your freak out moments just like the rest of us have (happy to know mine aren't the only ones that contain swear words) - and it sounds like you deserve them! And then the eye infection- it never does just rain, does it? Where is University of Washington? You guys sound just like my little sister and her husband. She currently lives in my parents' house and is playing the same med school waiting game. Not fun!!!