But more than the comings and goings, I want to remember:
*How much Ana likes the story of Jesus in the home of Mary and Martha and has asked me to tell it to her the last few nights.
*How great Jack did his first night and his first nap in a big boy bed.
*How Ana said "Mom, I don't want you to be a grandma; I want you to stay my mommy forever!" and gave me a big tight hug.
*How excited Ana was to get her attendance trophy at dance.
*The movie night I had with the kids that started like this:
and ended with Jack standing on the couch throwing pillows at me and Ana.
*How we've been riding our bikes to the park when the weather is nice and that Ana is so good/fast at riding her bike!
Of course, I would rather not remember that Jack has begun throwing temper tantrums during dinner saying, "I don't really want it!" as he pushes his food away or that Ana has started peeing the bed almost nightly after about 6 weeks of staying dry.
But now its time to snuggle in bed with my tired little girl and then off to finish Lord of the Rings!
3 comments:
Moments to remember and cherish. Isn't being a mom wonderful?
It's great to hear that you are taking time to have fun with your kids and make good memories. This is what the kids will remember.
As your kids get older and you leave this phase of motherhood behind, you'll be amazed that the things you don't want to remember---for the most part---you won't. You'll only recall the good stuff.
Post a Comment