That was easy. There is nothing like being a mother.
Most days I do not feel the endless joy and satisfaction as I clean up the toys for the 15th time, or do the dishes, again, or fold the laundry just to have the kids run in and topple my pile over. Most days when I go to bed, I'm just worn out.
But there are moments when a wave of happiness wash over me and I think,"motherhood rocks."
*Like when I watch Jack doing the same thing Ana did two years ago.
*Watching Ana sing "Mother, Tell Me the Story" in Sacrament meeting. Just like I did in primary.
*Seeing this face in the backseat of the car:
*Or anywhere for that matter.
*And moments like this:
*Taking Ana for a bike ride on her new big girl bike - just Ana and mommy.
*And of course, watching a sleeping child.
After a week full of happy moments, I didn't want a day off for mother's day. I wanted a day "on." I love this little family I have.
4 comments:
I like you.
What wonderful thoughts. Thank you for sharing - I hope you had a happy Mother's Day!
This was such a cute post Erin! You are doing a wonderful job at being a mother. Your kids are so cute. It's so fun to see how they've grown. It's surprising to see Anna riding a bike all ready!
You're a good mom and you have such cute kids. Cute husband too.
Post a Comment