Monday, October 18, 2010

on a sunday afternoon

We watched this video yesterday.



"There is no way Ana could wait 15 minutes," I said.

"I think she would surprise you," Dave answered back. "She's a pretty determined little girl."

So we tried it.

I'll tell you what - nothing is more fun than experimenting on children. I think it was the best 15 minutes of my parenting career. (I also think Dave is still a psychologist at heart.)

We decided to do only 5 minutes at first. Then we lengthened it to 15 by the promise of a third peep. I wish we would have video-taped it. Here are some pictures.

On her lap: the greatest temptation...
Watching the timer...

Licking one of them:

Boy was she happy to get her 3 peeps at the end.


It was awesome! Everyone who has a 4-year-old, you should do this as soon as possible. I want to hear your results. Video-tape it. Be sure to leave them alone in the room, too.

If you lucky, you can also walk outside and see this:


I guess we're lucky.

3 comments:

Shaela said...

hmmm, I might try this with the kids... but we're not lucky enough to see THAT outside our door, lol!

Shaela said...

p.s. we have a new blog - the old one will be disappearing soon so check out the new one! www.not2odd.blogspot.com

Kelli said...

I always love your blog. I hadn't checked in for awhile. I love that picture of you and Dave at the orchard. Have it framed!