Saturday, August 20, 2011

and now the real work begins...



Granny and Gramps left today. (They were supposed to leave yesterday, but - lucky me - their flight was cancelled a couple times and they got to stay an extra night.)

Anyway, they left today. Now I have the following thoughts running through my head:

How am I going to take a shower every (other) day?
Who are these children that suddenly have melt downs at every disappointment?
Can we afford to use paper plates/cups/utensils for the next year?


We sure had a good time with my parents. I was so glad they got to come see us. We tried to balance seeing sights with resting and relaxing at home. Among our tourist-y adventures were:

A trip to the Joseph Smith Birthplace Memorial in Sharon, Vermont.


A jaunt down to Middlebury to the Morgan Horse Farm and the National Museum of the Morgan Horse. My Dad's dad was a great horseman and owned a registered Morgan Horse. We even got a copy of Revel's pedigree for my dad to keep. The Farm was beautiful and Ana even got to sit on one of the horses. She loved it!


We also visited Church Street Marketplace, got Ben and Jerry's ice cream and Creemees (really good soft-serve ice cream), went shopping, and Dave and I got a date while we had babysitters in town.

And of course, everyone snuggled the baby as often as they wanted.

We'll sure miss them!

1 comment:

Shaela said...

I don't know how you'll juggle it all, but you will. Things will fall into place eventually and life will go on. Good luck - call me if you ever need to vent or chat! ;)