If there was one thing that could make this summer more perfect, it would be if my kids could remember it. Ana might retain a few fleeting memories, and Jack might have a vague recollection, but mostly it will remained unremembered.
And before I forget, I need to write it down.
Our July 2012 adventures:
1. Ana's lemonade stand. She decided after visiting the American Girl store in NYC that she wanted to earn money to buy one. She didn't know we were already planning on getting her one for her birthday, but we encouraged the idea. Dave helped a bit, but mostly she did the work. And she was so proud of herself and it was awesome.
2. Blueberry picking! This was Dave's first berry picking experience. Katie loved eating them, though it was tricky to keep her from eating them out of the dirt. The blueberries were plump and the setting was perfectly picturesque.

3. We've spent a lot of time outside. Katie is my dirt baby, and is often found putting sticks, rocks and dirt in her mouth. But she loves to slide. (More on her coming Friday, when she turns 1.) We've also frequent the beach, the pool and the sprinklers outside.


4. Of course we had to go to the farm. We love it there!
5. On a different note, we've had some crazy storms. One of which flooded our basement (about an inch of water) and tore up a bunch of trees in our neighborhood. We went on a walk just to check out the damage. Crazy!

6. Not pictured: watching the Olympics. Really it makes any summer better. I love the Olympics.
I will miss this place.
3 comments:
I am so sad to not be there!! I love Vermont summers!
Can we please change summers (except maybe number 5)?
Were they really strawberries but it's been so cold lately they turned blue? :)
Post a Comment