I've been thinking all day yesterday and today about how I should write the story of Thanksgiving 2012. It seems I have lost my (writing) voice lately, and my foggy brain is having a hard time forming coherent sentences.
But then, how can anyone describe the most awesome vacation/Thanksgiving ever. Along with 4 of our closest couple friends, we spent three glorious days in a mountain vacation home in central Vermont. The food was abundant and delicious. The home was spacious and warm with a big fireplace and an open kitchen. The kids were generally well-behaved. And the company was fantastic. Three whole days of relaxing, chatting, eating, playing pool, soaking in the hot tub, cooking dough-boys over the fire, a little online shopping and staying up way too late. We have the most generous, kind, talented, fun-loving friends here in Vermont.
We took a chance to go around the table and share what we were thankful
for on Thanksgiving. As I sat there amongst such wonderful people I
thought of how grateful I am that my parents encouraged me (and all
their children) to spread our wings, to leave home and make friends and
memories wherever life takes us. I remember my mom talking of good
friends they have all over the country. I am so glad that when I leave
this little corner of America, I will have memories and friends that
will last a lifetime.
I only took a few pictures. Hopefully they will be enough to cement this trip into my mind.


2 comments:
I've been feeling the EXACT same way! I really want to journal about the vaca but it is just so hard to put into words. Eli just keeps saying, "That was the best vacation ever!" And I'm glad that everyone was ok with my desire to go around the table saying one thing that we are grateful for!! It was just so fun to be together for so long. And I'm glad to know that our feet are the exact same size!! I don't think we would have ever discovered that if we didn't play that random group game! You can borrow my shoes anytime. Not that I have anything great, but sharing is just so fun!
So glad you had a good Thanksgiving! :) We went on a little vacation for ours as well, just to my parent's house but with 8+ days to relax it was heaven, lol.
Post a Comment