General Conference always leaves me feeling inspired and motivated to "try a little harder to be a little better." I am already planning on studying in depth some of the talks on parenting and marriage. My favorites were Sister Dalton and Sister Wixom and Elder Holland. (View them all here.)
Saturday morning as we were sitting down to watch, I saw my little kids sitting on the couch ready to listen to the prophet with excitement. It was a touching moment. I love the Prophet and am so grateful that I can listen to his words and other servants of God every six months. Granted, the excitement waned and by halfway through the second session on Saturday they were running amok. But for a moment it was perfect. I hope as they grow they know that I have a deep and abiding testimony of God's holy work, and that I feel I am a part of it. I hope they know that God loves his children and does not leave them alone, but has sent a Prophet to teach them. I hope they turn to his words and the words in the scriptures for peace and comfort in times of need.
The rest of the day was mostly peaceful, and included a daddy-daughter dance, catching some fireworks that were going on down the street, and then tucking the kids into bed.
Sweet is the peace the Gospel brings.
What was your favorite talk?

3 comments:
Hey Erin,
can you do me a favor and e-mail me Kelly's e-mail address. My e-mail is heidi@heidiplumb.com. Thanks!
I really enjoyed Elder Holland's remarks today. Was it he who touched on the idea that Heavenly Father has only imperfect people to carry out his work on earth? I loved that! I'm pretty sure that was Elder Holland. Loved that one!! I also thoroughly enjoyed Enrique Falabella? Falaballa? You'll figure out who I mean.
I love your blog. It always leaves me feeling motivated to be better.
Super cute picture of Katie. My girls' enthusiasm wore off during afternoon session as well.
Post a Comment