A couple weeks ago, Dave made me promise that I wouldn't complain about the changing weather, but that we would just enjoy the wonderful-ness that is Vermont in the fall. I love the fall, don't get me wrong. It's the long winter that follows it that causes me to dig my heels in the (beach) sand.
I thought I would be sad when I cracked open that bottom drawer. I thought I would sigh and mourn the end of carefree summer days of running outside barefoot and walks to the park and trips to the beach. But I didn't feel sad at all. Somehow pulling on my sweater made me think of wearing boots and scarves and watching football and eating apple cider donuts. It made me think of drives through the mountains and trips to the pumpkin patch and the apple orchard. I smiled at the thought of sewing Halloween costumes and another awesome Thanksgiving with our friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment