There are some people that make you feel cooler just by being around them. We have met so many cool people here. One of those families is the Dahles. Even our kids know they are cool. Ana one time said, "The Dahles can do anything." Any time something is broken Ana thinks we need to call them because they can fix anything. They are also amazing photographers and they took our family pictures for us this year.
I had a very specific thing in mind. I wanted to dress up, but I also wanted them to look cozy and warm. And I wanted to take them in my house. Maybe that is weird, but Heather totally made it work and I love how they turned out.
 |
| This is the one we chose for the Christmas card. I love how Ana is leaning on my shoulder and I love Jack's face. |
|
 |
| The classic formal shot. |
 |
| They look like they love each other! |
 |
| I am totally in love with the genuine smiles and happiness on their faces here. I could eat them up. |
 |
| This one is the closest to real life. It really shows personality. |
|
I really like doing family pictures every year. I am not quite sure why,
but ever since Ana was born I have made sure we have taken a current
family photo every year. I like to document the passing of time. I like
the snapshot of what our family looks like at different phases. I like
to see the change and think about the growth that has happened over the
year. And I think it is important for my kids to see pictures of us as a
family and pictures of me and Dave together with them - both formal
pictures and informal. I am not a great photographer, but I love that it
is so easy to document life by taking pictures. A picture is worth a thousand words, and taking pictures can be a powerful way to send a message to the next generation. I love the pictures I have of me as a child and of my family when we were young. They are treasured possessions. I hope my children feel the same way.
2 comments:
Love them all!! I love taking family photos too, even though I am horrible at doing them.
You are nice to say those things. It's pretty easy to photograph such a great family.
Post a Comment