Sunday, March 23, 2014

match day

Friday might as well have been Christmas. Dave and I couldn't sleep the night before, I woke up a few times in the night and then as soon as the alarm went off I was awake. The kids were excited too. They were wondering when we would know and how we would find out. We got them off to school and then fussed around the house for a bit until it was time to go up to the school. Heather took pictures of the event for us and I am so glad she did.

Every school does Match Day a little differently.  After a couple brief remarks by the Dean and the UVM president, they began calling up students randomly to open up your envelope and announce it to your classmates. It was fun to see everyone's reactions. It was TORTURE waiting though. Dave was called up almost at the end.

Woohoo! We waited a long time for this day.

The class's grand entrance.

Waiting. We were trying to decide where to stand. Dave can't stand in the front, but I can't see in the back. A common problem in our relationship. :)

Here we go... Where is it going to be?

Nervous

"Hi, I'm Dave. This is Erin. I am going into Pediatrics."

UNIVERSITY OF UTAH - Primary Children's Hospital

Hooray! Our #1 choice.

They gave the class these signs to hold up. Of course Dave chose the one with the LeBron reference.

Dave had 4 other classmates (2 couples) that matched at the U. We are so excited to be going there with them. One of them will be in Pediatrics with Dave. They are all awesome.





When we told the kids after school they were so excited to hear that we will be by grandparents, cousins, and get to see so many of our friends that travel to Utah. They want to help us look for houses and everything. We are so excited!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent! Excellent post! It's fun to see the pictures! We are so excited! I only wish we knew anything about housing in Salt Lake so we could help you find a place. But I know it'll work out.

Heidi said...

Erin,

I live within 10 minutes of there. If you want help looking for houses I would love to help. There are a couple people in our ward who work at UofU med clinic.

E-mail me. I am super excited for you. heidi@heidiplumb.com or801-928-8987. Heidi

amanda said...

that is so exciting. congrats to you guys and all your hard work. and btw your kids are so big.

Heather said...

Awesome Awesome Awesome. I can't wait to hear about your next adventure!!