The building where I will spend a TON of time if I get accepted to U of U.The interview day started at 7:30. I was supposed be at the admissions office by 7:45 at the latest. So, I was planning on waking up at about 6:30 to get all ready and checked out of the hotel on time. I even set my phone alarm clock and the alarm clock in the room. I didn't need it. I woke up at 4:40 and could not get back to sleep. I tried to go back to sleep for about an hour before I just gave up. I was the first person in the lobby to get breakfast right at 6:00 when they were just putting it out. I stayed at the University Guest House that was right next to the medical school and hospital on campus. I saw a group of people in suits gathering in the lobby right when I was about to leave so I asked them if they were going to interview - they were - so I walked up with them. During the walk it became clear to me that they were going to interview for residencies at the U instead of med school admissions. It was only a little embarrassing and mostly funny. I think I was about the same age as they were. Anyway, going with them made it easy to find where I needed to be.
Both interviews I had were pretty laid back - perfect for me. I could not have asked for it to be better. It was a great experience overall and I hope I am accepted there. The interview could not have gone better for me but I know there are a lot of other well qualified applicants. So, we will see what happens. I will probably have to wait until March or April to find out if I am accepted. Such a long wait. I am just glad to know I have done everything I can.
4 comments:
I am so excited for you that it went well. Can't wait to see what happens! I am so proud of you, I am sure you impressed them!
i'm glad your interview went well
Memories memories...however, I think I slept a little better. Would you say the interview went better than when you were interviewed by Mandy and myself? He he... Glad it went well.
Dave- Hey! Glad the interviews went well. I'd like to hear the details if you get a sec. Talk to you later.
Jake
Post a Comment