Isn't it interesting how nothing ever works according to plan? As Shaela said:
1. It's good to have a plan.
2. Things will never go according to plan.
3. It really doesn't matter!
When we moved here a year ago we had a plan.
Dave had a job lined up.
We were going to buy a Suburban.
We would live with his parents for a month while his brother finished up the apartment.
We would get into medical school.
We'd move in August for our next great adventure.
We've been here a year now. Last May some crazy things went on with Dave's original job and he had to switch employers. We could no longer afford the Suburban, or any vehicle and have been a 1 car family all year. The apartment took longer to finish up and we ended up living with his parents for 5 months. And we didn't get into medical school.
Next month we're moving out so that Rick's boy can live in this apartment. We're going to be moving out in August anyway, so it all works out for everyone. Thinking about moving has made me really think about the last year.
Things definitely haven't gone according to plan.
I guess its one of those times when you really just have to have faith that God knows what he is doing. And I guess He does.
Because we saved money on rent and food last summer, along with the generosity of others, Dave was able to go to Peru for an expedition.
He also received a scholarship to cover to costs of applying to med school.
I have still been able to stay home with my two wonderful kids.
Ana and Jack have loved spending time with Rick and June and "the boys" and Grandma and Grandpa and cousins. Its been good for them.
Dave has a really good job, with good co-workers, and a great boss who does everything he can to make sure Dave is getting the hours he needs.
Now we have a month to move and I'm sure things will work out. I guess things are working out already. Perhaps they work out all along when we know who to put our trust in.
Everything else really doesn't matter.
3 comments:
love this post - I'm so glad that despite the unplanned, things are working out for you. :) I think of you often and hope our paths cross again soon. :)
Your blog reminds me of the scripture "Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly." I like your optimistic and faithful attitude.
I love your blog--and Shaela's advice! I know things will work out for you. You're so good at looking at the bright side through challenges.
Post a Comment