*learn to knit
*learn Spanish
*read
*sew
*housework (not that I would do this, but I could...)
*sleep
*go through that box of stuff that needs mending that has been in my craft closet forever.
*paint the kids' dresser
*practice the piano
I've been thinking a lot about this the last few days. Some of us may be addicted to Angry Birds. Not to mention any names.
There are things I want to learn. I am a smart person, and I don't think God gave me that gift to spend all my spare time on facebook and blogs and Dave's Ipod.
Not that I want to quit the internet all together. I like this little space of mine and I like to think that those who stop by like it too. It helps me organize my thoughts. It helps me remember life.
The truth is, there are so many good things to be found online, and I often find myself getting caught up in them. But I don't want to be so focused on good things, that I forget the best things.
It's all about finding a balance. Drawing that line. I'm working it out in my head where it is. I'll let you know when I find something.
4 comments:
I've been thinking about this a lot lately too! I feel like I'm way too connected! I turned my computer off last night. Didn't turn it back on till just now! It felt good.
Maybe you could make a list of realistic goals for the day, and then reward yourself with a limited amount of computer time when/if you get them done.
Erin, I love your blog! I haven't been on blogspot for a while, and I just got caught up on yours, and I always absolutely love it! It would be a huge disservice to all of us who so enjoy hearing from you if you didn't blog so regularly!! I understand the need for balance, but this is a non-negotiable item.
It sounds like you were in our Stake Conference yesterday. It was a 48 stake video conference. Elder Uchtdorf talked about evaluating how we spend our time. I was thinking that today I would make a list of things I really want to focus time on, then I look on your blog and you have already done it!! You are awesome :-) also I agree with Janet about your blog.
Post a Comment