Sunday, May 8, 2011

happy mother's day


I heard it once said that if life were compared to a year, with the seasons of life following in pattern, that the time of young parenthood was the summer: the time when we sweat and toil in the hot sun, putting in all the effort in hopes of a good harvest in the future.

I've reflected on that often over the last few days. Summer happens to be my favorite season of the year. I love the hot sun, the hours spent outside, the green vibrant world, the warm summer rains, and, yes, even the work. It seems to breathe life into me.

Such is motherhood. We sweat and toil, yes. But the moments are also filled with bursts of happiness and joy. And the hope of a bountiful harvest keeps us working at it.

Thanks to a wonderful mother who did so well raising a houseful of future mothers, to a wonderful mother-in-law who I love and admire so much, and to countless other wonderful women who have inspired me to be better.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: