Every once in a while I have an identity crisis.
When someone is struggling or making some interesting life choices, people say "they just need to find themselves." Like that is something that can be done with one experience.
At 27, I'm still trying to "find myself." Every once in a while I have moments when I think, "Is this who I really want to be?"
Am I too judgmental? Dramatic? A know it all? A poor housekeeper? Lazy? What are my talents? Do I care too much about what other people think of me?
I often think that I want to be one thing and then contradicting it in the next moment. I want to be a good housekeeper, but I don't want to be so preoccupied with my home that I neglect relationships. I want to be a fun-loving, spontaneous person, but then I find myself dragging my feet when Dave or Ana suggest some spur of the moment thing, listing all the reasons why it just isn't practical.
So then, in my journey of self-discovery, I find myself asking:
How can I be both comfortable with who I am, and willing to make changes for the better?
I have yet to find the answer.
3 comments:
We're in the same ocean, sister. Different boats, yours as a young mother and me as a young single adult, but same ocean.
I think I could always just say "ditto" to your posts, with a few family differences of course, but I can't believe how well you express what I am thinking! :) You are awesome.
Write a book. You are an amazing writer. A book for young mothers~because you are also an amazing mom. :)
Post a Comment