Wednesday, November 2, 2011
without ana around
I've been weird this fall. I look back at pictures from a year ago and we were always doing stuff... tumbling tots, story time, walks to the park. Something about this year has made me want to stay home, clean house (weird, I know) and play cars with Jack. Going back even farther, when Ana was Jack's age, we were always doing art projects and playdough and baking. She needed that constant stream of activities.
Jack is so content at home that sometimes I forget that he would probably like those things too. Of course, a lot of times when we go to the park, he just plays right around where I am (unless he has a friend). At storytime he has a hard time leaving my side. With Jack being clingy and a new baby, I'd rather stay home. This is a new thing for me. I'd never categorize myself as a homebody. I used to always be up for an adventure and Dave and I always said we wouldn't let kids stop us from doing things. But trucking 3 kids around takes so much work. And I'm lazy.
But yesterday after Ana got home from school, we headed over to their favorite "brown park" (because on the way home, Ana said "I want to go to the orchard!" and I said no and then she said, "I want to go to the brown park!" and I said yes.) and I remembered how much fun it is to do stuff with the kids. There was a big pile of leaves there that we jumped in. They played hide and seek on the playground. I ate entirely too much of the popcorn we brought for a snack. The TV stayed off all day. And they were so much happier when we got home.
Sometimes I miss Ana when she's at school. She got me out of the house. She always wanted to be busy having fun. But I think I need to get out more. It would be good for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel the same way! I'm not a homebody, but 3 kids just makes it a lot harder to get out. I've slowly morphed into the "chauffer" mom--taking 1 to 1st grade and one to preschool, then to lessons and choir and dance...and suddenly, I miss those days when they were with me 24/7. Life has a way of giving us perspective, and I think the 3rd's made me realize how much of a treasure each moment is.
I never say it much but I love your blog, I love the insights you have and your spirituality. You stay positive through it all and are such an example to me of a great mom!! Too bad we don't live close and we could visit each other and "get out". :)
Post a Comment