Wednesday, November 30, 2011

its beginning to look a lot like christmas - 2011 edition

Saturday was Christmas tree buying day! We left Saturday morning, but discovered that the flat tire we thought we had fixed the day before was no longer fixed. Three hours and 2 new tires later (boo!) we headed to the Christmas tree farm. This year was slightly warmer than last year.








Jack really got into decorating the tree. I have this weird mix lately of thinking Jack is such a big boy and remembering that he is still so little and that there are so many things I want to remember about him right now. Like how he put all his ornaments on the bottom few branches and that he keeps trying to sneak some more ornaments on the tree. Ana wanted to put all her ornaments up really high by the star, so our tree is lacking in the middle sections. But I don't really want to fix it. I want to remember it how it is.







We also put lights on the outside of our house, which I LOVE!!! Tonight I'm going to make a wreath and then it's time to get cracking on my handmade gifts for the year. Christmas makes me happy.

2 comments:

Shaela said...

I love Christmas!! And I love decorating the tree. I'm paranoid to go get our tree so soon though... do you always buy yours early? Does it ever die before Christmas?

Erin L said...

We usually get ours this early. As long as you water it daily it will last. Usually we forget and by Christmas the needles are falling off but it is still green