This is Jack's favorite book to pick out from the library.
For a while, he called himself "Jack Saturn J.A.C.K. Larsen."
And if it is time to take that one back, he chooses another just like it, only about stars or galaxies or jupiter or uranus.
Today he requested a coloring page of the Hubble Space Telescope and a space shuttle. And we had this conversation:
"The Hubble Space Telescope takes pictures of planets. And stars. And nebulas. And supernovas," he said.
"You could be an astronaut when you grow up," I said.
"Yeah! I could be a dad and an astronaut at the same time! Then I could go up into space," he said excitedly. "I could fly to Saturn and Uranus and Jupiter. Oh, and Mercury. ... But I better watch out for meteors." Then he got serious. "I think I'll just stay in the space ship so I don't get hit by meteors."

The other day it occurred to me that someday he'll love another woman more than he loves me. I am trying to think what I can do to stop time in it's tracks and keep him 3 forever.
2 comments:
That last sentence broke my heart a little bit. But Jackie Boy has been a heart breaker since day 1.
I hate that about boys!! I wanna kidnap them and avoid missions and daughter inlaws forever!!
Post a Comment