Maine, mostly. We went over the weekend. I have also been trying to get stuff ready for school to start. We are so ready. I have a 6 year old who has a bit of an attitude lately that I can't seem to curb. So, the usual stuff.
I also managed to repaint a desk. In analyzing my house-work techniques I have noticed a common theme: piles. There are piles of junk mail and piles of real mail and piles of pictures the kids color and piles of stuff to take upstairs and piles and piles and piles. Junk attracts junk, they say.
But I didn't really have anywhere to PUT any of these things. So I just piled them up. Finally I think to myself that I needed a central place. ONE place to put all these piles. One place that is easy to clean and keep organized, instead of stacking it up on my piano and mantle and dining room table.
Then we spotted a free little desk by the side of the road. It needed some easy fix-ups and a coat of paint, but it was in pretty good shape so we brought it home.
Tada!

Of course, it only looks like this every few days when I clean off all the piles. Dave saw the piles and asked if the desk was serving its purpose covered in junk. "Yes!" I said. He looked a little skeptical, but it is keeping the piles off my piano and table and stereo and stairs, and being in a small space means it is easier to clean off, and I do it more often. Plus the drawers are super organized and I can always find a pen and a piece of paper and the tape and my calendar markers and other office supplies. So, I love the little desk. And it cost me a grand total of $0.
More on Maine tomorrow or the next day. We'll see.
2 comments:
That is EXACTLY what my problem is, lol. Piles are my downfall as well, and they always seem to be piles of paper. Great find on the desk - I need to get one like it!
Love it! I want one.
Post a Comment