I was actually excited to go. It was the first time all of my siblings were together since my wedding over 7 years ago. It was wonderful to be with all of them together and we had a wonderful time chatting and joking and talking and laughing and staying up way too late.
The funeral was really nice. Poppy lived a full life and had a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He will be missed by his posterity, of which there are many, (13 children, 74 grandchildren) but we are glad he is reunited with his wife and one of his daughters.
Dave's Mom and Dad came down from Rupert and picked me up at the airport on Friday night. We stayed in Salt Lake that night and spent the day with them in downtown Salt Lake. I love Dave's parents and it was wonderful to see them.

Saturday night was spent at the hotel. Dave's sister Janet stopped by and we had a wonderful visit, and then one of my sisters came and we chatted it up. My dad had spent the day Saturday doing a bike race, so my parents didn't make it to the hotel until Sunday morning. We went to a sacrament meeting, hung out at the hotel, then headed to Morgan for the viewing. The viewing was packed with cousins and aunts and uncles, some of which I haven't seen for a long time.
Cousins!!! I love these girls.
Sunday night was spent swimming, chatting, painting toenails and having a marvelous time with the fam at the hotel. I love my sisters and my brother. I think they are awesome.Monday was the funeral and luncheon with time to catch up with some cousins. 65 of Poppy's grandchildren were in attendance. It was incredible to be there together. Of course we had to snap a family photo. (Props to whoever can guess age order. )
It was wonderful to go, and it is great to be back. Hopefully we can get together before another 7 years go by. Or another funeral. I am so grateful that families can be together forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment