Tuesday, June 25, 2013

what we do when the weather is good

I. love. summer.   Have I mentioned that before? ;) Summer in Vermont is amazing. Humid, but amazing.

I simply cannot stay inside when there is fun stuff to do outside. Stuff like:

*Family bike rides to the beach. Burlington has a really great bike path down by the lake. We drove to the bike path, rode the path (Jack and Katie in the trailer, Ana on her own bike) for about 3 miles to the a beach, ate a snack and rode back the way we came. Perfect!






*Beach days! We've had 3 so far. Two of them got rained out, but this time Ana caught a butterfly.




*A strawberry festival. We let Ana ride the ponies and she was in Heaven! We also had some fresh strawberry milkshakes and Ana entered a strawberry shortcake eating contest. She didn't win, but she finished it all.


You would think will all this outside time, my house would be spotless, but we are inside just long enough to make a mess, and not long enough to get it cleaned up.

Today we spent the morning outside playing in the kiddie pool. Just after we came inside (because I had neglected my housework long enough), dark clouds rolled in and it started pouring! There was a crash of thunder so loud it shook the house. Crazy weather! (You would think it would cool things off, but it just makes it muggy. )

Life is good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for you!! Making memories with your kids is more important than staying on top of the messes. You are such a brilliant mom!

Terri said...

Thanks Erin, I needed this.