Friday, July 19, 2013

happy seventh birthday




Seven years ago I became a mother. I didn't know then how this little girl would challenge me, change me, and help me to grow. From the day she was born I knew she was strong. She squirmed her hands out of her swaddle while just a few hours old. She lifted her head to look up at Dave when she was just days old.  And while I walked her around our tiny living room I could feel the strength of her spirit. As she has grown I have seen that strength come out in so many ways.

Ana is not a follower or a leader. She is just herself. Of course there are times when she follows and times when she leads, but generally, she just does what she wants to do. She is passionate. She loves passionately, reacts passionately, gives passionately. She absorbs life like a sponge and exudes it in everything she does.  Last weekend we went camping and when we got to our campground she ran up to Dave and said, "Take a deep breath, Dad. It's fresh air!"

She loves horses and puppies and macaroni and cheese (from a box) and swimming and pink. She is sneaky and resourceful, and is hooked on Disney Channel. She will never pass up a chance to be one on one with her Dad. She is obsessed with getting new little purses and can't wait til she can wear high heels.

I love this little girl, and I am so glad she made me a mother.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful! I love the way you so articulately describe your daughter with no high falutin' language about it.

Kristine said...

What a sweet description of her! She sounds awesome! :)