Friday, January 24, 2014

this morning

My goodness time is slipping by.

This morning after I got the kids off to school I wanted to do something. As part of my new morning routine I have told myself not to get on the computer until my morning chores are done. You know, cleaning up breakfast, starting the laundry, etc. But this morning I didn't just want to hum around the house, I wanted to dig in. So I decided to tackle my sewing stuff. I went through all my fabric and notions and patterns and projects. I decided which things to actually mend, and which repurposing/mending projects to give up. I consolidated all my fabric into 2 boxes instead of 4. I was even able to free up a set of drawers for Katie's clothes, which had been on her bedroom floor in baskets and were impossible to keep neat. 

It felt good to get something very productive done. It felt like I just gave my stressed-because-I-am-about-to-move- self a little present by getting one project done. 

But I did stop in the middle and do puzzles with Katie and eat lunch with her. That felt good too.

That's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Shaela said...

I feel like I haven't done anything productive in months. Well, I had a baby. That was pretty productive. :)

Erin L said...

That was the ultimate in productivity, Shaela!