Thursday, April 3, 2014

spring has sprung ...

And by "sprung" I mean, slowly creeping upon us. The snow is slowly melting during the day and refreezing at night. The ground is soft and squishy and the grass that is emerging is barely starting to take on a light green color.

But we had 2 beautiful sunny days this week and that is more than I could ever hope for. I felt so happy with the sunshine on Tuesday that I was giddy.  Wednesday after school we walked down to our housing office to give them our move-out notice. We dawdled our way down and back, thoroughly enjoying the almost-50 degree weather. The kids ran ahead or lagged behind. Sometimes they walked through puddles and sometimes avoided them. They carried sticks and smashed snow. And we all got a big kick out of breaking ice that had a river of melted snow running underneath it. Even when we got back to the house we stayed outside and watched the water run down our road like a small creek. The kids threw rocks, we built mini dams, and we visited with neighbors who emerged from their homes after the long, cold winter.


No comments: