Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My thoughts have been a swirling mass in my head. So many times over the last 2 weeks I have thought, "I need to write." But with graduation and moving and all the emotional and physical energy those things take, I found that I had little left for writing. I don't usually like to play catch up when is write because I feel the raw emotions I felt at the time are lost in retrospect. But there are too many things that I missed and I can't possibly skip them. So I will do my best over the next few weeks to look back over this crazy month with as much authenticity as I can.

Right now I am sitting in a mostly empty house that we will call home for the next little while. We pulled in last night and the kids ran around excitedly and I walked more slowly taking it all in. I am excited for the chance to make this little home our own. Change is always hard and strange. Vermont was so incredibly good to us. My one consolation is that do many people that we love have ties to Utah. Not to mention all of the family and friends that I have that live close by.  I am confident that it will be wonderful.

The sun is shining and there isn't a cloud in the sky. We have a beautiful view of the mountains and a home to fill to the brim with love and memories. I think I am gonna like it here.

1 comment:

Shaela said...

I feel the same way about writing. But if the story is important enough to be told, I feel that writing in retrospect is better than not writing at all. :)