Monday, December 28, 2015

christmas

Sometimes I fall into the trap that if I don't take a picture then I can't document it. Because who wants to trudge through my wordiness without the reward of my cute kids' faces.

But I don't take too many pictures lately and Christmas was no different. I took, like, 2 pictures. And you are about to see them.

But it was a fabulous week. First of all, my youngest sister invited me to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert and it was fabulous. It made me happy being there and I was glad her 3 other friends couldn't make it.


Dave had 4 days off and it was lovely.  There were lots of tickle fights and laughs and cuddles and movies and treats and much more. Ana got a kindle, which she was not expecting at all. Jack got a Lego set he's been eyeing for MONTHS. (The Lego City Space port) Katie got new additions to her dress up collection and a bike basket and Charlie got overwhelmed by everything. (And a ball.)

This was the only picture I took of the day. This is Katie with her new blanket from Grandma. She loves it.

Dave got me some paints and Ana and I have been having fun!
Add caption
While the holidays are always filled with laughter and fun, I tried to focus our family on the reason we celebrate Christmas, Jesus Christ's birth and life. We read scriptures and stories often to remind us of that reason. There was one night during family prayer when Jack asked that we remember Jesus during Christmas. I felt the Spirit during that moment and was so grateful that perhaps a little bit was sinking in.

It was a happy Christmas.

No comments: