10! A decade! Do you know how long that is? I mean, in another one she will be out of the house. Where has time gone? They say that you don't become an expert at something until you do it for 10,000 hours. Well, I have been parenting approximately 87,000 hours, so I should be an expert. Yet, I am so not. I suppose its because kids change and grow and so your parenting has to, too.
It is an interesting process watching children through that changing and growing process. Some of it is painful (tantrums, sassiness) but when you step back and look at the big picture, it is always beautiful.
Ana is such a beautiful girl and we have had beautiful moments together.
Like the time a few months ago, when she saw some people begging by the Wal-mart near our house. When we got home, she got some money and then asked me to take her back so she could give it to them. She is always looking for ways to help people who have less.
And how she helps me with Charlie any time I ask. She is such a good sister to him. She takes him outside, plays toys with him, or tickles him. It is such a blessing for me.
I am homeschooling her next year. It has been something I have considered off and on for years, but always ended up sending her to school to "see what happens." Finally, after a tough year socially and academically, I decided it was time to do something different It will be an adventure for sure. We have been known to butt heads. We both are very reactive and high energy. Plus, I am building my own curriculum thanks to my teacher friends, the internet and the library so that will be
"To Live is to Change and Grow." She is changing and growing right before my eyes and I'm so glad I get to be her mother while she lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment