... the conversation I had while walking the dog with Katie last week. She mentioned that people often tell her she is cute. I asked her if people tell her she is nice. "Yes." Friendly? "Yes." A hard worker? "Yes." "Good," I said. "I always want to hear that you work hard and are nice to people." She then said something that I think is really profound. "But, Mom, sometimes my feelings take over."
Yes, I thought.
Sometimes my feelings take over too.
... Charlie requesting "Edelweiss" for his bedtime song and singing it frequently throughout the day.
(I have an adorable video of this, but don't have it uploaded yet.)
... Ana telling me that even though some people drift away from their parents as they get older, she feels like she is the opposite.
... that Jack always has friends coming over to play.
We are so lucky to have landed here.
No comments:
Post a Comment