Thursday, June 12, 2008

baby Jack


I've been home from the hospital a few days now. We love having our new baby around! Jack is such a contented little guy. We figured he'd have to be with Ana as a big sister, and its proving to be right. As Dave said, the hardest part about having him, will be Ana. She is pretty good about being soft and gentle with him, but we still need to watch her like a hawk if he's not being held.

Everything went great with the delivery. I had been having contractions on and off for a week or so. On Friday they lasted all day, though they weren't seeming to regulate very well. So, Saturday we went into the hospital to check my progress. I was admitted about 2, and then I had to wait for my penicillin drip to finish before the doctor could do anything. The doc came in at 8:30 and broke my water, and gave me a little pitocin since my contractions had slowed down. He was born at 9:54, delivered by his daddy (with the help of the doc, of course).

He has been a wonderful baby so far. He's calm and relaxed, and hardly cries. He loves to cuddle, and therefore doesn't sleep too well in his bed by himself. The past few nights I've slept with him on my chest on the couch. That way, we both sleep! I feel really good, almost back to normal already. Grandma and Grandpa love having the new baby in their house and they have been such a blessing to have around during this transition.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats Erin!!! He's adorable! This is Amy Sunderland, from Parents As Teachers. Hope you don't mind me looking at your blog, I found it through Haylee's. Feel fre to chekc out ours. Congrats again on the little guy!

Emily said...

YEAH for ERIN! Congrats. Wow, two kids! That is such an adventure. I am so happy for you. Keep the pictures comin'. I sure do love you and hope to see you and your children one day before I die =).

Anonymous said...

I,m glad everything went well he is so so cute. I can't wait to meet him.

Nanci said...

Good job Erin! He is such a doll! I just love brand new ones! I'm glad he has been such a good baby for you! Seriously, give me a call if you need anything, or even if you're just bored! I'd love to come see you or hear from ya! My number is 406-3785.

Kristen said...

I am so happy for you guys, he is beautiful!!!

Morgan said...

Congrats on the new addition! He is adorable! Good luck on the continued transition.

MikeG Family said...

Wow - congrats to you guys! He is such a handsome little guy. I'm glad you're feeling good and that the delivery went well for both of you. And Dave helped deliver him? That's awesome! Enjoy him while he's still so tiny!

A said...

You gotta love the cuddling! I'm glad to hear you're almost back to normal. What a blessing! How cool is it that his daddy helped?!