Monday, March 2, 2009

jack's first word

I can't be too sure, but I think Jack has said his first word: "Ana."

When he sees her in the morning, when she starts to bug him, anytime she comes into a room, he says her name. I know it could also be baby babbling, but it seems to be consistently used in reference to his big sister. And its no wonder: they love each other a lot.

Ana loves to play with Jack in their room, or in her cardtable house. He's not always up for it, but the other day they played together in their room for about 15 minutes. But then she started trying to feed him, and he didn't appreciate that.

Yesterday they were playing piano together. When Ana was a baby and I would put her up to the piano, she rarely pounded, but moved her fingers slowly on the keys. Jack pounds. He must be a boy.

One thing I never thought I'd say, "Don't paint on your brother's head."

I love being a mom!

4 comments:

Shaela said...

how fun!! sibling love is such a sweet thing :)

Amy said...

LOL! Jack looks good in green!! How fun that Ana is his first word, she'll appreciate that when she is older.

Kayla said...

how cute that Ana is his firs word!

Kayla said...

oops! I meant first.