Wednesday, November 11, 2009

am I the only one?

Sometimes I feel like the mommy version of the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie."

If Mommy walks into the kitchen to put away the clean dishes, she'll probably notice the washer machine and remember to change the laundry. As she's unloading the dryer, she'll probably decide she needs to pick up all of the stuff the kids pulled out of the cupboard. While she's doing that, chances are she'll remember the pair of pants that she needed to wash that was in the other room. On the way, she sees a bag of new clothes that need to be put away in the kids' bedroom. Much to her dismay, her daughters pony-tail holders are strewn all around the bedroom so she'll stop to pick those up right away. Then she'll see the pair of jeans she needs to wash and she'll head back to the laundry room. And chances are as she walks through the kitchen to get to the laundry room, she'll probably notice the dishes in the drainer that need to be put away...

True story.

9 comments:

Janae said...

HA!! I can relate. It's not just me that does that!?

The Wayments said...

You are so funny! I totally agree!

Alisha Wilkins said...

Are you kidding?!?! That is me every day! :) Glad I am not the only Mommy that pretty much loses her mind every single stinkin' day!

Melissa Fisher said...

Love it. Sometimes I feel like I walk from room to room doing nothing. Only to leave the room and remember what I went in there for, but then I'm too far away to go back immediately...... so ya, I know what you mean!

Kristine said...

Tyson thinks I'm absent-minded, but I'm just a MOM! :)

Shaela said...

That happens to me every single day. It's called CAADD: Child Activated Attention Defecit Disorder. Hahahaha!

Andrea :) said...

You are so creative! And no, you are not the only one who feels like that!

Kara said...

Definitely not the only one!

White Family said...

lol--love it!! Great posts lately! So whats going on with your application process?