Our house is old. Not only do we have a carpeted kitchen and "retro" wall paper and wood paneling, but we have some crazy quirks about it too.
Like how there is only 1 outlet in each room. In the case of the bathroom, that happens to be directly above the mirror, which makes trying to curl my hair an interesting challenge. So I don't. But that's a whole other story.
It also means that at night, the children can't have music playing, a night light and a heater all at the same time. So, we opted for the heater and night light.
Most of the house is on the same circuit. It didn't really matter much until the winter. But since it started getting cold, I noticed that the circuit breaks almost daily. When I use any appliance in the kitchen (toaster, vacuum, etc.) it trips the circuit and our power goes out. So, I have to turn the heater off in the kid's room first.
Its happened enough that if I happen to forget and the power goes out, Ana knows to run into her room and flip the heater off so I can finish vacuuming.
I think its cute that she does that for me.
We like our old house.
3 comments:
(trying not to choke on my milk cuz I'm laughing while drinking) HAHHA! Too cute! Miss you :)
I have good memories of living in the little old house that we rented. I love how you always know where each other is in a little house, and that you have to practically hug to get down the hallway. It's hard not to be close in a little house!! :)
hehe.
Post a Comment