Ana has a cold. Actually, both my kids have colds. Its nothing much, just a stuffy nose and an occasional cough. No big deal.
My kids don't get sick very often. A few colds a year, probably. They have each been barfy once that I can remember. (Jack does get car sick sometimes, but that's not contagious illness, so I'm not counting it.) I hope I am not jinxing myself. I've often wondered how we've been so lucky. Perhaps it's because my house is never clean so they are exposed to lots of germs. Maybe it's because they were summer babies. Maybe it's simply one of those tender mercies. Who knows.
Whatever the case may be, since Ana rarely gets sick, you would think she was in dire agony today. About a thousand times today I have heard variations of the following, in the most dramatic/whiny voice possible:
"Mom, [sigh...] my nose is so stuffy."
"My voice sounds funny."
"Why am I sick? Can't my body eat the germs faster?"
"I am cold. Will I ever be warm again?"
"When will my stuffy nose go away?"
I'm not complaining. In fact, I thought it was pretty dang hilarious how unaccustomed she is to being sick. But I am hoping that they both feel better tomorrow. Because though Jack hasn't complained much about his cold, he has complained about almost everything else.
And that is not hilarious.
1 comment:
Awww, I'm sorry the kids are sick! But totally jealous that they're not sick very often. We tend to have good years when we're only sick once or twice, and bad years when we're sick CONSTANTLY.
Caleb has a cough right now - I'm totally at a loss about it because he has had NO other symptoms: no fever, no spewing or stewing, no lethargy, no congestion or runny nose or ANYTHING. Just this awful, mucus-y cough. It's been a week almost, so I think I'm ready to throw in the towel and see what the doc has to say. Hopefully it's nothing bad because we have company coming in 4 days!!
Post a Comment