Wednesday, May 11, 2011

i have no response to that*


Jack cracks me up. For a not-quite-3-year-old, he has quite the vocab. Some examples:

"I am preparing to go down the slide, Mom."

"Water is a liquid, so when I'm in the bath, I'm in a liquid."

In prayer today: "bless mama that when she gets sick she can feel better."

Prior to sliding down the slide: "1-2-3 SUPERSLIDE!"

"Ana, that is unacceptable!"

When I took away a toy for time out: "But that's a time out activity."




Ana on the other hand, is just full of questions. I thought when she started this at age 2 that it was just a phase, but she just keeps asking. Questions Ana has asked me recently:

"How does a yellow dandelion turn into a white dandelion?"

"What if when I get to kindergarten other kids make fun of me?"

"Who created Heavenly Father?"

"Who was the first person to ever get a cold?"

"How do they make (fill in the blank with anything you can see.)...?"

These are just the most baffling questions. She asks about a hundred a day. I feel blessed and overwhelmed to be their Mama.


*name that movie

3 comments:

White Family said...

So cute! Jack probably is so smart and Anna so interested because they have smart parents! Jake was just like that, asking questions all the time. Thats a good characteristic to have! You've got some smart kids! I love all of Jack's little statements! :) Have fun with those kids! Always enjoy your posts! :)

Unknown said...

Joe vs. the Volcano!! One of the most useful movie quotes EVER!!!

Shaela said...

Lol, those crack me up. Lina and Caleb both ask lots of questions too. Caleb's questions are geared at "how things works" like "Mommy, what makes it rain?" and is almost always satisfied after one explanation. Lina's questions are a lot more difficult, like "Why is Satan so bad?". I guess it's to make sure we follow the counsel to continuously educate ourselves, lol.