Friday, October 7, 2011

aboard the northern lights

In between conference sessions last Saturday, Dave and I went on a narrated boat cruise of Burlington Bay at Lake Champlain. Dave's awesome classmate babysat the kiddos for us. It was freezing and we were two of 6 total people on the boat.

It was awesome!!! It was really interesting to hear the history of Burlington/Lake Champlain and its importance in the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812. (Seeing as how it was a major passageway from British Canada and the Colonies.) It also mentions several boat wrecks. It was really interesting and a fun, quick date.








I love living in such an old place. Every once in a while when I'm driving around and pass an old cemetery or church or house the past comes to life. I can almost see women in dresses and with parasols walking down the streets and horse and buggies driving down the very narrow roads. It is so awesome! And then I remember that I really like history and that I need to brush up on my facts.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I really want to try that out sometime.