Here it has been 3 months and it has been wonderful! Granted, Ana started school and so most of the day I just have 2 kids still. Jack and Ana have been helpful and sweet with their sister. She loves to smile at them already. She has been a great baby! She is happy and contented and loves to snuggle. She doesn't sleep well in her bed at night, so often she ends up snuggled next to me in bed.
*I will say that having 1 baby is the hardest. The transition to having someone totally dependent on you for their survival is the biggest change of all. And as the years go by the challenge changes from physical to emotional. Katie is physically demanded, Ana is transitioning to the emotional demands.
*I told myself when Katie was born I was going to trust my maternal instincts and do what I felt was right for this baby. I don't worry about what the latest parenting "expert" says or anyone else. It has been liberating. Parenting is so much easier when we trust ourselves.
*I can't imagine our family without this sweet little angel in our home. We all adore her.
(Daddy gets the biggest smiles around these parts. And pulling the camera out makes them stop. But sometimes I can sneak them in around his shoulder)
3 comments:
I can't wait to come see you guys in October!
I'm not worried for 3. I think I'm going to agree with you that transitioning to one baby was the hardest, especially because Caleb was SUCH a difficult baby. When Lina came along, Caleb was STILL a baby (16 months) and I was kinda worried, but she was sooooo easy and laid back that it was no big deal. When Baby Odd #3 is born, the kids will still be in school (at least for a couple more months) so I'm hoping the transition will be easier. Plus, my Caleb and Lina are older (they'll be 6 and 7) which will make it easier. :)
Katie is absolutely darling - I wish we could visit in person!!
She is adorable & I have to say I LOVE the pumpkin costume too cute. Anna is an adorable mermaid. Love all the great thoughts you always have on here thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment