Wednesday, August 29, 2012

how did she get so big?


(Ana's first day of first grade.)



days run together

early mornings. breakfast. dishes.

a trip to the park.

white dandelion wishes.



deep breaths. repetition.

always serving another.

children play and whine.

"be kind to your brother."


or "No screaming."

said a thousand times.

playing dolls and cars.

singing nursery rhymes.


waiting til 5:00.

daaddy's home! then dinner.

Race up the stairs!

See who is the winner.


Bedtime stories and snuggles.

and one last song.

the days run together.

the days are long.


cooler days.

the leaves, then snow fall.

tulips bloom. summer sun.

suddenly, leaves change and fall.


another year gone again.

load the bus. shed a few tears.

long may be the days.

but short are the years.

3 comments:

Karianne said...

So beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes.

Unknown said...

Love this!

The Wayments said...

You are so creative, Erin! I loved it! My grandma, who is 91, tells me that all the time! It is so true! She tells me all the time htat I will one day long for the messes and handprints on everything...I have a feeling that she is right!