Friday, April 4, 2008

planned parenthood

Things never do quite work out the way you "plan" when it comes to kids, do they? The past few days Ana has been a temper tantrum queen. She's been throwing a fit about pretty much everything. This morning she woke up at about 7 am (2 hours earlier than normal). I thought, "here comes another beast-y day, but at least she'll take a nap." Well, she was the most pleasant child all morning. It was really nice. We went out to run errands just now in hopes that she would fall asleep on the way home and transfer nicely to her bed. Wouldn't you know it, she fell asleep on the way to Wal-Mart. So I had to wake her up to buy toilet paper and diapers, and then she stayed awake the whole drive home. arghh. So much for planning. But, I did put her down for a nap still. She's not asleep yet; let's keep our fingers crossed...

There really is no such thing as planned parenthood. Parenting just happens, and you gotta roll with it.

5 comments:

Andrea :) said...

I hear you, Erin! Allie will take good naps one day, and then take like no naps the next day. Arghhh! I bet things will get better when you guys are all moved and settled in and a normal routine is back in place. I hope so! :)

Karianne said...

So, I was just looking at your sidebar. Did you know that under the things about you AND the things about Dave, you have the same post about what you like about Dave. That isn't about you. That's about Dave. You need a post about YOU! By the bye, I love that quote by Elder Faust. It is very inspirational. And I always like your posts. I was proud of myself because I have already posted 21 times this year, and that is the same as I did half of last year, but then I saw that you are already at 48!.

Michelle Michel said...

Hey Erin! it's Michelle Rodriguez Michel...I found your blog through Kirsten Bly's! I love your blog...its so cute. We have a blog too...lets be blog buddies.

our blog www.mmfamilyfun.blogspot.com

Michelle Michel

Anonymous said...

I totally agree!

Kristine said...

Erin-
I just wanted to say thanks for one of your posts awhile back. It was about taking advantage of the "moments" of mothering. Elder Ballard's talk yesterday reminded me of it. That philosophy has influenced me, so thanks!
~Kristine