Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th / Summer Fun!!!

The summer is going by so fast! I can't believe it is already July! Maybe its because it was cold so long into June... Anyway, we've had a lot of fun so far this summer. Ana loves playing in water. She first started with the hose at my Mom's house a couple weeks ago. I love her expression in this picture. She loves getting "soakin' wet."

Jack is growing and changing so fast. He's not as fat as Ana was at this age, but he's doing well. He goes everywhere we go. I'm not really one to keep my babies inside (if you haven't noticed.) He was veggin' in the car seat while Ana played in the pool.
Yesterday was a ton of fun! They do a whole week long celebration for the 4th in this little town, kicked off by fireworks on Monday night. Thursday night Dave did fireworks with Ana. Nothing big, just ground flowers and smoke bombs. Yesterday there was a parade, and then Grandma and Grandpa did a big picnic in the backyard.

Here is Dave and Ana at the parade. She liked seeing the horses and flags, and the big airplane that flew overhead at the beginning.
After lunch Dave brought Jack inside. He is like this a lot - awake and alert, and not very fussy. I loved this picture of him.
Ana and cousin Rylee playing in the pool out back. All Ana needs is one cousin to play with and she'll be happy for hours. (literally.) Last week Dave's sister Terri was here and her daughter played with Ana outside all afternoon one day. I didn't see her all day. Rylee loves Ana and they play together a lot.

We took our first official family of four picture yesterday in our patriotic garb. I think it turned out pretty well. I saw it and thought I looked older. Or maybe I just finally look like I'm old enough to be a mom. We didn't end up seeing any fireworks last night. Ana was too pooped. And frankly so was I. So we played games with Dave's parents and watched Seinfeld. Anyway, in 2 more weeks Dave leaves for Peru for a week and I'm probably going to Poky to see my brother who will be in town that week. The Larsen family reunion at Lagoon is coming up soon, too. I have a feeling that the rest of the summer will fly by.

9 comments:

Michelle Michel said...

Erin your family is soo cute!

Rolyndia said...

Sorry I have not checked your site for so long. Things have been so crazy lately. Your little guy Jack is so cute and I can't believe how big your little girl is getting. They grow up so fast. I agree that July is flying by so fast and that the kids are back in school in just a month and a week. OH NO!!

Glad you are doing great and hope you are settled in to your place.

Karianne said...

Fun 4th! Jack is getting so big. We skipped the fireworks, too. My kids don't like them, and neither does Brody.

Nanci said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! We skipped the fireworks as well, I just really didn't think that the kids would enjoy them. So after we did some gound works in our driveway we gave them a bath and put them to bed, and then Ryan and I put our camp chairs on our roof and watched the fireworks from the grove from our house! We have an awesome view, and no traffic! The perfect combo!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats on the new baby! he looks so cute, and is that red hair I see? We're really excited to see you guys--let us know when the blessing is! I've got 7 days left, and if she's not here by 41 weeks than I have to be induced... CRAZY! Have fun!

Jen said...

Your family is so cute. Jack is beautiful! I shouldn't be surprised! I loved your story about how your love grew for Anna when Jack was born...I felt the same way, and I still do. It is so amazing to me how a mother's love changes and GROWS! I love it!

Kristine said...

I would love to live in a small town, especially for holidays. I bet there's a real "community" feel. Your family is so cute.

Anonymous said...

The week long 4th sounds like tons of fun. I love the cute pictures of your kids. Can't wait to see you when J.d. gets here.

Ruhr Family said...

Erin, it sounds like you guys had a great 4th. Your family is so cute and you look fantastic. I'm not sure about older. I'm glad Jack is such a good baby. Joseph was a really good baby and I'm terrified this one is going to be a holy terror. I agree about the name Zeke. That's our favorite so far, but we're torn because Ezekiel sounds so old fashioned.