
Prior to moving in with my in-laws, Dave and I never had cable. Not only do we have cable here, but a really nice TV, too. Ana would hardly sit 10 minutes through a show a few months ago. All that has changed. Most mornings I turn on Playhouse Disney for her while I get ready, and stuff. I like many of the shows: Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Handy Manny are probably my favorites, and most are acceptable. But what is with the Doodlebops? I can appreciate the "get up and move" theme, but it just seems a little too ... fruity. Am I way off base? When it comes on, I find myself watching the whole show in awe. The girl's alright, but what's with the dudes? Out of control, thats all I can say. We're going back to rabbit ears when we're in our own place. Part of me will miss the easy entertainment, but I am looking forward to it. As long as I get NBC, because I really like The Office. And 30 Rock.
10 comments:
The Doodle Bops may be the worst show ever! I had to put my foot down there! Can't stand them! My mom bought a tape thinking it was cute! Nope not at all! Songs are seriously catching and once you've heard them they are with you forever like "Get on the Bus" Aah! It is a weird show! :)
doodlebops is not my favorite either. alex hates the wiggles too. he refuses to watch them at all.
We are really into Curious George and Sid the Science kid on PBS. But we also LOVE Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I HATE the Doodlebops though.
I read a book a few years back about Disney. When Eisner took over he was extremely interrested in promoting rock music, and since then there has been a real trend towards that. We always laugh because every disney movie has a band now. Did you know the doodlebops are subtitled "kids favorite rockin' band'?
Leanne doesn't have cable tv and look how good her kids turned out!
I freakin HATE the Doodle Bops! To me it's just as bad as Barney, neither of which I let the kidos watch mostly because I can feel my brain cells leaking out of my head! Such a weird show!
I fill very grateful I no longer have doodlebops on. EVER my children have outgrown the wierdness of it thankfully!
Doodlebops are annoying. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Little Einsteins and Backyardagins. And I really like Imagination Movers.... its a new series that is totally fun.
I haven't even seen the show and I don't like it. It just looks weird.
LOL - yeah, the Doodlebops are pretty wild. We don't have cable either (thank heavens!) but when we go to my parents my kids are glued as well.
Post a Comment