Thursday, January 21, 2010

winter

Its winter. We don't do anything around here. The same kinda things everyday. We're in a pretty good routine and Ana has gone to bed surprisingly well the last two nights. (knock on wood).

But we're bored.

I guess that's winter for you. Today I thought it was warm enough to go to the park. So I put the kids' jackets on them and left. While we were there I called for the temperature it was only 36 degrees. We didn't even have coats on.

I got a cold this week. I think a cold is worse than the stomach flu. I feel like such a wuss because all I want to do is sit around and let the kids watch TV all day.

My house is slowly coming together. (Thanks for your tips and tricks, everyone. They were great!)

Ana is big into wrapping "presents" which consists of wrapping any object she has - balls, phones, toys, etc - and hiding them in a blanket or her shirt or a piece of paper and saying, "Mommy, I have a present for you." She also wants to watch TV all day.

Though I get tired of cold weather and being inside, we don't get tired of Jack's little rambling. He says: "Mama, Look!" when he wants to show me something and "how nice" when Ana shares with him. He says everything except words that begin with the "k" sound: car ("vroom, vroom" or "truck", coat ("toat") , corn ("torn").

So, that's our January. Is it spring yet?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i told will that we need to move somewhere warm. the kids (and i) need to be outside.

jacks lack of "c" sound is very common actually. wyatt does the same thing. "tar" for car, etc. it's considered a sylabul for kids more like 6 or 7. he'll catch on.

Kara said...

My exact thoughts ALL day today. So bored with the winter thing!!!!

Leisa said...

buck up little camper. the days are getting longer and soon it'll be spring again. Your kids are adorable.

The Gray Gang said...

Erin, I'm so ready for winter to be over so I can take the kids out too!!! Have you tried play dough? It is our saving grace in the winter. It makes the kids be creative and can be very entertaining for quite some time. We play it every day if not 2 or 3 times. There are a few recipes on line, it is peanut butter play dough, that would be safe incase Jack decides to take a bite or 2 or 3.