Tuesday, April 13, 2010

blogging

For the most part, I love blogging. Its like my scrapbook and my journal and my way to keep in touch all rolled up in one.

But there are some weird things about blogger-space.

Like when I followed my "cousin's" blog for weeks before I realized it wasn't actually my cousin but a friend of a different cousin and that not only do I have no relation them, but I have never met them in person. That was weird.

And like the time I commented on someone else's blog about a comment they left on my blog only to realize I got two people confused. That's like junior high awkwardness via the internet. (I'm blushing just thinking about it.)

Also now matter how hard I try I can't help but check the blog of this girl I knew once. She didn't really like me, and it always bugged me that she didn't like me, but I just keep checking up for no good reason. Usually I go away feeling inadequate.

And then there are those blogs that I follow because they are so inspiring and insightful, and I feel like I know them so well, but they don't know me at all.

Anyway, its just weird sometimes.

Also, saying "blog" so much in a post is weird.

5 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

I was laughing through this entire post! I 'blog-stalk' so many blogs it's not even funny. Serious.

Blogging is just so much fun :)

Shaela said...

lol. Have you heard the "definition" of blogging? "Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few." :) Blogging can be weird. And it can be junior-highish at times. But I have "met" so many new friends via blogland, and a few of them I've even met in person and formed friendships to last a long time. And I love blogging, because it is SOOO much easier to stay in touch with real life friends, like you! :)

Jenny Axford Cook said...

I completely agree. It is fun but a little odd at times. Keep posting...I enjoy it!

Melyssa said...

Too true (to everything you said) - And I added you to my blog roll so I could keep track of you, I hope that's okay. :)

Melyssa said...

Okay, I know this is weird and off-topic, but if you have the time could you email me a list of the books your book club has read? Ours is in need of A LOT of help. Plus, I am always looking for good books to read:
melyssaorme@yahoo.com
Thanks so much!