The kids hadn't been out of the house since Monday night. On Wednesday Dave stayed home studying so I ran some Christmas-related errands without the kids. Other than that, I hadn't left the house either. Yesterday I was sick. I stayed on the couch all day. And I let the kids watch a lot of TV. But behavior-wise they were doing just fine. They even left me alone for a few minutes so I could soak in the tub.
Either way, I knew that today we needed to get out. So after lunch I bundled up the kids and we went outside to play in the snow. We had a great time.
And then suddenly, when we came back inside, 4 days of being-stuck-inside-with-mom unleashed its power and the kids went nuts. And now I'm feeling a little under the weather again. So I think I'll curl up on the couch with the kiddos and read them stories while I wait for Dave to finish his test and come home for 2 whole weeks.
And then we'll finish our Christmas cards and finish shopping and get the house all cleaned up for Christmas.
2 comments:
I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I hope the kids will behave themselves until Dave gets home to take over. :)
Look at all the fresh snow!!!!
Post a Comment