Monday, April 16, 2012

normal days

Jack is my home-body.

In the mornings he gets up, gets himself dressed, and comes downstairs to smile and coo at Katie.

Then he wants to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and spend the morning playing cars and playing "temple run" on my iPod (he's quite good actually), and making "valentines", which look like this:



And though he likes to play with his friends, when it is time to go, he is happy to go and usually is ready to leave before I am.

We stay home a lot. And though we are quite happy with this every day routine, it doesn't provide for many interesting blog posts.

Katie is in separation anxiety mode. I walk up the stairs or leave the room and she is in tears. Even if Daddy is around. And if I am around, she wants to be held. So I carry her around or stick her in the high chair with a graham cracker (where she can see me, of course!) and try to get something done.

Ana continues to love school, but doesn't like to be woken up in the morning. She is reading and it is a lot of fun to listen to her. I have her read to me every day and I am so proud at how good she has gotten. She also loves to write and do any sort of art project. She started soccer and loves it!

Dave is spending at least 60 hours in the hospital each week on his surgery rotation. He is learning a lot, is exhausted each night, and doesn't think he wants to be a surgeon.

I continue to be too far behind in my housework. But I am the proud owner of THIS stroller. (I found a super good deal on craigslist.) I am very excited to have it.

These normal days are good. So, so good. The weather is warming up. My tulips are getting ready to bloom. The sunshine has indeed been good for my soul. And though I still am a little frazzled by the end of the day, I know that there will be a day when I will look back and say, "those were the good days."

The days are long, but the years are short.



(click to enlarge - the last 3 Easters.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a lot of hours at the hospital! I'm glad Dave is there to learn rather than to be healed, treated, or cured! The kids look adorable! Thanks for sharing, even when the story is about slow days at home. I love to read about all of it! Give everyone squishy hugs from me!!

Shaela said...

That's about what life is like here. Which is why I have nothing to post about, hahaha. AWESOME stroller, btw. :)