Thursday, August 15, 2013

God be with you til we meet again

This is a very awkward photo I took with my kids and Dad and Grandma Phippen right before we moved to Vermont.

Today was my Grandma Phippen's funeral. She passed away last weekend at the age of 93. She had a hard life, and I am glad that she is finally at peace. I wish I could have been there today, but the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings peace in knowing that I will see her again.

Things I remember:

*For a lot of years I got birthday card from Grandma with five dollars inside. She couldn't give much, but she did what she could.

*She always wore shoes. Even in the house, which I thought was strange. She also insisted that we wore shoes all the time. I suppose Grandma had days when shoes were a luxury and she never took them for granted.

*Grandma loved sports. When I visited her as a young girl clear up to when she lived at my parent's house, she always had a game on TV.  I like sports, too, so I guess that's something we have in common.


I am glad I stopped to see her in May when we visited. She didn't remember me, though after a while she remembered that my husband was tall and going to medical school.  My sister wrote a touching tribute to Grandma back in July.  Rest in Peace, Grandma.

2 comments:

lori said...

I think the picture you say is awkward is adorable. You look fabulous as always. I am glad you were able to visit your grandma in May. She was such a neat lady.

As for PANIC attacks they just become more frequent as your kids get older. I totally agree with #4 Time just sees to march faster every year. IT FREAKS ME OUT!!!

4 yrs is way to long to not see your adorable family. Thanks for updating your blog so I can keep in touch a little

Heather said...

Hi Erin! I'm Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer a quick question I have about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com