Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Cute Magnets/Thumbtacks

I loved making these magnets/thumb tacks at my mom's house. They are easy, cute, fairly cheap and kids can do them too. Here's how if you don't already know.

Materials needed: Clear flat marbles (found at any craft store and Wal-mart. You can get small ones or big ones. I use small ones.)
Scrapbook or other design or colored paper
Modge-Podge
Glue Gun
Magnets or Thumbtacks

Step 1: Place a marble on the paper where you want the design to be. Trace and cut out
Step 2: Modge Podge the bottom of the stone. Press the paper onto the stone, design side down.


Step 3: Modge Podge over the top of the paper. Let dry


Step 4: Hot glue a magnet or thumbtack onto the marble.




Tada!
We made mostly magnets with bright blues and pinks at my moms. I made these ones at home and did some with thumb tacks since I use a cork board a lot. I made these 6 in less than an hour. Cute way to add holiday accents to your home.

5 comments:

Zach and Nikky said...

I've made these with my mom before! So easy and fun!

amanda said...

I love them too, we did them with all of my side of my family. the kids really loved it.

Janae said...

this is a great idea. I'll have to try them. Thanks for taking time to post the steps!

Keri said...

I've made magnets like this before, but never thumbtacks. That's a really good idea. Thanks for sharing!

Andrea :) said...

I've heard of making magnets, but not the thumbtacks. What a great idea!