Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Giving Thanks


I realized that last week passed and in the busy-ness of it all, I didn't really stop to think about what I am thankful for. Today, I was thinking quite a bit about it. I am thankful for:

*The gospel. In particular, for the messages of General Conference and for the opportunity I have to be in the Primary. (1st counselor). I am learning so much from being with those kids and I love them all.

*Mine and Dave's families. Spending time with them last week I realize how great of friends I am with all of them. There is not much I love more than being with my parents and siblings or with Dave's. He has a great family, too. I couldn't have asked for better in-laws.

(Our families at our wedding)

*Ana. She has been so happy the last little while. I love playing with her, seeing her smiles, and watching her learn about the world. Its such a rewarding feeling.

(Ana in her winter boots and diaper. She loves her boots!)

*Our financial situation. We have been so blessed in this department for so long. Sometimes while I'm figuring out our budget, the numbers just don't add up. We always have more than we expected, and enough for our needs, and even a few wants. What a blessing!


*Mostly, I'm thankful for Dave. As I'm feeling better and his schoolwork picks up, I've been back doing things like before, and I realize now just how much he has been taking care of things the last few weeks while I've felt so crummy. He is such a good man and a wonderful dad and husband. I couldn't have asked for a more forgiving and loving guy. Thanks, honey, for all you do for me and Ana. I love you.
(Fishing fall 2005)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Dave is a very lucky guy. His wife is pretty hot too...

Janae said...

You are feeling better then? Thanks for the reminder. We have so many blessings, don't we?!

Karianne said...

Ok, weird anonymous comment. I really hope that was Dave.

Erin L said...

yes, the anonymous comment was Dave.

Keri said...

I love the picture of Ana in her boots. So funny. Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Chad and Teri said...

I had to laugh at Ana's boots.... My kids walk around in their snow boots all the time. This very morning Natalie had on just panties and her boots. Its really funny.

Emily said...

Love the picture of the boots and diaper. That will come back to haunt her one day!

I am glad you update often. It fills my heart with great joy to hear updates on the fam.

Kirsten (Geeky Owl) said...

Hey Erin I can't believe how big Ana is! She was tiny the last time I saw her. It's fun to take peek inside your life. Oh and I added you to my blog. It's brand new. I thought I'd join the craze! It's
http://lifeaccordingtokirsten.blogspot.com/

Zach and Nikky said...

You and Dave are so great! Plus you have the cutest daughter ever. I always tell Zach that I hope our kids are as happy as she is. We are coming home for Christmas so we will have to get together!